Assisting families and friends with loss is a privilege and honor as funeral directors. Given the reality of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, it is important to know that we, as well as other funeral directors throughout Iowa, are taking precautions to limit exposure to Coronavirus. We are still operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, making sure those in our care and their families are receiving uninterrupted service and attention, regardless of the cause of death.
Our primary concern at the Wallace Family Funeral Home and Crematory is the safety of both the families we serve and the public who attend our services. After reviewing the CDC guidelines, we are making the following changes beginning Tuesday, March 17, 2020, until further notice:
· Funeral attendance will be limited to 10 people.
· To limit exposure of a church and its staff, we will require that all services be held at the funeral home or at the cemetery, unless otherwise approved by a church.
· For the foreseeable future, lunches and coffee times will not be permitted at the funeral home.
· We are requiring that visitations be held without the family present to limit interaction.
· We will have visiting hours available to the public, in which we will encourage limited social interaction and no physical contact.
· If you are feeling unwell, please refrain from attending
If you are uncomfortable or unable to attend a visitation, we would be more than happy to mail you a service folder. As always, you can leave condolences for the family on our website, www.wallacefamilyfuneralhome.com or on our Facebook page. Any cards or memorials can be still be left at the funeral home.
For families who may be planning services, please do not be alarmed. There are several options available for both traditional and cremation services, and we will be here to help guide your family to the best choice for your situation.